A circular issued in relation to a very substantial disposal must contain:—
(1) the information required under rules 14.66
(a) on a disposal of a business, company or companies:
(i) financial information of either:
(A) the business, company or companies being disposed of; or
(B) the listed issuer's group with the business, company or companies being disposed of shown separately as (a) disposal group(s) or (a) discontinuing operation(s),
for the relevant period (as defined in the note to rule 4.06
(1)(a)). The financial information must be prepared by the directors of the listed issuer using accounting policies of the listed issuer and must contain at least the income statement, balance sheet, cash flow statement and statement of changes in equity.
The financial information must be reviewed by the listed issuer's auditors or reporting accountants according to the relevant standards published by the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants or the International Auditing and Assurance Standards Board of the International Federation of Accountants or the China Auditing Standards Board of the China Ministry of Finance. The circular must contain a statement that the financial information has been reviewed by the issuer's auditors or reporting accountants and details of any qualifications or modifications in the review report; and
1. The listed issuer may include an accountants' report instead of a review by its auditors or reporting accountants. In that case, the accountants' report must comply with Chapter 4 of the Exchange Listing Rules.
2. The Exchange may be prepared to relax the requirements in this rule if the assets of the company or companies being disposed of are not consolidated in the issuer's accounts before the disposal.
(ii) pro forma income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement of the remaining group on the same accounting basis. The pro forma financial information must comply with Chapter 4
of the Exchange Listing Rules;
(b) on a disposal of any revenue-generating assets (other than a business or company) with an identifiable income stream or assets valuation:
(i) a profit and loss statement and valuation (where available) for the 3 preceding financial years (or less, where the asset has been held by the listed issuer for a shorter period) on the identifiable net income stream and valuation in relation to such assets which must be reviewed by the auditors or reporting accountants to ensure that such information has been properly compiled and derived from the underlying books and records. The financial information on which the profit and loss statement is based must relate to a financial period ended 6 months or less before the circular is issued; and
(ii) a pro forma profit and loss statement and net assets statement on the remaining group on the same accounting basis. The pro forma financial information must comply with Chapter 4
of the Exchange Listing Rules;
(3) the financial information required under paragraph 32 of Appendix 16
on the remaining group; and
(4) the information regarding the listed issuer required under paragraph 32 (no material adverse change) of Appendix 1, Part B