(1) Where an issuer intends to rely on section 9A of the Companies (Exemption of Companies and Prospectuses from Compliance with Provisions) Notice (Cap.32L) ("Class Exemption Notice") and issue a printed application form for its equity securities with an electronic form prospectus displayed on certain websites ("Mixed Media Offer"), it must satisfy all the conditions in the Class Exemption Notice. Where the issuer publishes any announcement under the Class Exemption Notice, the announcement must be published in accordance with rules 16.17
. There is no need to clear the announcement with the Exchange.
(2) Where the issuer intends to offer equity securities to the public relying on the Class Exemption Notice, the information required by rule 16.09
(3) shall be replaced by the following information:
(a) that the issuer intends to rely on the Class Exemption Notice and issue a printed application form for its equity securities without it being accompanied by a printed form prospectus relating to the offer;
(b) that throughout the offer period, prospective investors may access and download the electronic form prospectus relating to the offer from either the issuer's website or the GEM website;
(c) the address of each of the issuer's website and the GEM website, the place on the website where the electronic form prospectus may be accessed and how that prospectus may be accessed;
(d) that throughout the offer period, copies of the printed form prospectus will be available for collection at specified locations, free of charge, upon request by any member of the public;
(e) the particulars of the specified locations; and
Note: "Specified locations" means:
(1) In the case of a listed issuer, the depository counter of HKSCC, the designated branches of the receiving banks specified in the prospectus, if any, and the place of business of the issuer's approved share registrar in Hong Kong.
(2) In the case of a new applicant, the depository counter of HKSCC, the designated branches of the receiving banks specified in the prospectus, if any, and the principal place of business of the sponsors acting in respect of the application for listing of the equity securities.
(f) that throughout the offer period, at least 3 copies of the printed form prospectus will be available for inspection at every location where the printed application forms are distributed.