In the case of an offer for sale or an offer for subscription, a formal notice stating the information set out in rule 29.19 must be published on Exchange’s website in accordance with the requirements of Chapter 16 on the date of issue of the listing document.
In every other case, a formal notice stating the following information must be published on the Exchange’s website in accordance with Chapter 16 not less than 2 clear business days before dealings commence:—
(1) the name and country of incorporation or other establishment of the issuer;
(2) the name and country of incorporation or other establishment of the guarantor, in the case of a guaranteed issue;
(3) the amount and title of the debt securities for which listing is sought;
(4) the websites at which the listing document (if any) is published;
Note: Where the issuer intends to rely on the Class Exemption Notice to make a Mixed Media Offer referred to in rule 29.21B(1), rule 29.21B(2) replaces this sub-rule.
(5) the date of publication of the notice;
(6) in the case of tap issues, the total amount of the debt securities which would be issued under such an arrangement;
(7) in the case of a placing, the names of the issuing houses involved in the placing;
(8) a statement that application has been made to the Exchange for listing of and permission to deal in the debt securities;
(9) a statement that the formal notice appears for information purposes only and does not constitute an invitation or offer to acquire, purchase or subscribe for debt securities;
(10) the date upon which dealings in the debt securities are expected to commence; and
(11) in the case of an offer for sale or an offer for subscription a statement that applications will only be considered on the basis of the listing document.
Model forms of formal notices for offers for subscription or sale and placings are set out in Appendix 10 for the guidance of issuers. Issuers are reminded that, where a prospectus has been registered with the Registrar of Companies pursuant to the Companies (Winding Up and Miscellaneous Provisions) Ordinance, every formal notice must comply with section 38B of that Ordinance.
[Repealed 5 July 2021]
Listing documents (including any supplemental listing document(s) or subsequent amendments to the listing document(s)) published by a new applicant must be made available in electronic form on the Exchange’s website and the issuer’s own website.