No listing document may be issued until the Exchange has confirmed to the issuer that it has no further comments thereon.
25.16(1) In the case of an offer for sale or an offer for subscription a formal notice stating the information set out in rule 25.17 must be published in accordance with rule 2.07C on the date of issue of the listing document.(2) Where a formal notice is also published in the newspapers, whether pursuant to rule 2.07C or otherwise, and unless otherwise agreed by the Exchange, the formal notice must be not less than 12 centimetres by 16 centimetres (4 inches by 6 inches approximately) in size.
In every other case a formal notice stating the following information must be published in accordance with rule 2.07C not less than two clear business days before dealings commence and, where it is also published in the newspapers, whether pursuant to rule 2.07C or otherwise, such formal notice must be not less than 12 centimetres by 16 centimetres (4 inches by 6 inches approximately) in size:—
(1) the name and country of incorporation or other establishment of the issuer;
(2) the name and country of incorporation or other establishment of the guarantor, in the case of a guaranteed issue;
(3) the amount and title of the debt securities for which listing is sought;
(4) the websites at which the listing document (if any) is published;
Note: Where the issuer intends to rely on the Class Exemption Notice to make a Mixed Media Offer referred to in rule 25.19B(1), rule 25.19B(2) replaces this sub-rule.
(5) the date of publication of the notice;
(6) in the case of tap issues, the total amount of the debt securities which would be issued under such an arrangement;
(7) in the case of a placing, the names of the issuing houses involved in the placing;
(8) a statement that application has been made to the Exchange for listing of and permission to deal in the debt securities;
(9) a statement that the formal notice appears for information purposes only and does not constitute an invitation or offer to acquire, purchase or subscribe for debt securities;
(10) the date upon which dealings in the debt securities are expected to commence; and
(11) in the case of an offer for sale or an offer for subscription a statement that applications will only be considered on the basis of the listing document.
Model forms of formal notices for offers for subscription or sale and placings are set out in Appendix 11 for the guidance of issuers. Issuers are reminded that where a prospectus has been registered with the Registrar of Companies pursuant to the Companies (Winding Up and Miscellaneous Provisions) Ordinance, every formal notice must comply with section 38B of that Ordinance.
[Repealed 5 July 2021]