Applications by new applicants (12.12-12.15)
The listing application form must contain a draft timetable which is subject to agreement with the Exchange. The Sponsor must contact the Listing Division to ascertain a date ("the provisional hearing date") on which the GEM Listing Committee may consider the new applicant's application for listing. The Exchange reserves the right to change the provisional hearing date.
A new applicant must apply for a listing on the prescribed form set out in Appendix 5A.
The listing application form must be accompanied by:—
(1) the documents, as applicable, stipulated in rules 12.22 and 12.23;
(2) [Repealed 1 January 2005]
(3) [Repealed 1 October 2013]
(4) the initial listing fee in the amount specified in Appendix 9.
Notes: (1) If the Exchange returns an application to a Sponsor before the Exchange issues its first comment letter to the Sponsor, the initial listing fee will be refunded; and in other cases the initial listing fee will be forfeited.
(2) For applications re-submitted at any time after the lapse of a previous application, the new applicant and its Sponsor must provide, if applicable, a submission with supporting documents addressing all outstanding matters set out in the Exchange’s letter on the lapsed application and material changes in the listing application, business or circumstances of the new applicant.
(3) For applications re-submitted within three months of a lapsed application by at least one of the original and independent Sponsors of the lapsed application (see notes 3 and 4 to rule 12.08), all documents lodged with the Exchange in relation to the previous application will remain valid and applicable. The new applicant and its Sponsor will only need to submit documents that have been revised due to material changes, and provide a confirmation to the Exchange that there has been no material changes to all other documents.
A new applicant may not publish or issue any listing document until the Exchange has confirmed that it has no further comments thereon. However, the new applicant is permitted to circulate a draft or preliminary listing document, which is clearly marked as such and which states that it is subject to final review by the Exchange, for the purposes of arranging underwriting.