Where the Exchange makes enquiries concerning unusual movements in the price or trading volume of an issuer's listed securities, the possible development of a false market in its securities, or any other matters, the issuer must respond promptly as follows:
(1) provide to the Exchange and, if requested by the Exchange, announce, any information relevant to the subject matter(s) of the enquiries which is available to it, so as to inform the market or to clarify the situation; or
(2) if, and only if, the directors of the issuer, having made such enquiry with respect to the issuer as may be reasonable in the circumstances, are not aware of any matter or development that is or may be relevant to the unusual trading movement of its listed securities, or information necessary to avoid a false market, or any inside information which needs to be disclosed under the Inside Information Provisions, and if requested by the Exchange, make an announcement containing a statement to that effect (see note 1 below)
1. The form of the announcement referred to in rule 13.10(2) is as follows:—
"This announcement is made at the request of The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited.
We have noted [the recent increases/decreases in the price [or trading volume] of the [shares/ warrants] of the Company] or [We refer to the subject matter of the Exchange's enquiry]. Having made such enquiry with respect to the Company as is reasonable in the circumstances, we confirm that we are not aware of [any reasons for these price [or volume] movements] or of any information which must be announced to avoid a false market in the Company's securities or of any inside information that needs to be disclosed under Part XIVA of the Securities and Futures Ordinance.
This announcement is made by the order of the Company. The Company's Board of Directors collectively and individually accepts responsibility for the accuracy of this announcement."
2. An issuer does not need to disclose inside information under the Rules if disclosure of the information is exempted under the Inside Information Provisions.
3. The Exchange reserves the right to direct a trading halt of an issuer's securities if an announcement under rule 13.10(1) or 13.10(2) cannot be made promptly.