Additional information in respect of major customers (meaning, other than in relation to consumer goods or services, the ultimate customer, and in relation to consumer goods or services the ultimate wholesaler or retailer as the case may be) and suppliers (meaning the ultimate supplier of items which are not of a capital nature) as follows:—
(1) a statement of the percentage of purchases attributable to the group's largest supplier;
(2) a statement of the percentage of purchases attributable to the group's 5 largest suppliers combined;
(3) a statement of the percentage of revenue from sales of goods or rendering of services attributable to the group's largest customer;
(4) a statement of the percentage of revenue from sales of goods or rendering of services attributable to the group's 5 largest customers combined;
(5) a statement of the interests of any of the directors; their close associates; or any shareholder (which to the knowledge of the directors own more than 5% of the number of issued shares of the listed issuer) in the suppliers or customers disclosed under (1) to (4) above or if there are no such interests a statement to that effect;
(6) in the event that the percentage which would fall to be disclosed under (2) above is less than 30, a statement of that fact shall be given and the information required in (1), (2) and (5) (in respect of suppliers) may be omitted; and
(7) in the event that the percentage which would fall to be disclosed under (4) above is less than 30, a statement of that fact shall be given and the information required in (3), (4) and (5) (in respect of customers) may be omitted.Notes:
1 Rule 18.40 applies to all listed issuers whose businesses comprise, in whole or in part, the supply of goods or services of whatever nature, and in the case of service references to customers includes the clients of such listed issuers.
2 In relation to consumer goods, references to customers are to the ultimate wholesaler or retailer, except when the listed issuer's business incorporates the wholesaling or retailing operation. In all other cases references to customers are to ultimate customer.
3 References to suppliers are primarily to those who provide goods or services which are specific to a listed issuer's business and which are required on a regular basis to enable the listed issuer to continue to supply or service its customers. Suppliers of goods and services which are freely available from a range of suppliers at similar prices or which are otherwise freely available (such as utilities) are excluded. In particular, it is recognised that an obligation on listed issuers who are providers of financial services (such as banks and insurance companies) to give information about suppliers would be of limited or no value, and there is therefore no disclosure requirement in respect of suppliers to such listed issuers.
4 The Exchange must be consulted if there is any doubt about the application of rule 18.40.