The following modifications and additional requirements apply:—
(1) the Exchange reserves the right, in its discretion, to refuse a listing of securities of a PRC issuer if it believes that it is not in the interest of the public in Hong Kong to list them;
(2) the PRC issuer must appoint, and maintain throughout the period its securities are listed on GEM the appointment of, a person authorised to accept service of process and notices on its behalf in Hong Kong, and must notify the Exchange of his appointment and any termination of his appointment and details of:—
(a) his address for service of process and notices;
(b) if different, his place of business or, if he does not maintain a place of business, his residential address;
(c) his business, residential and mobile telephone number;
(d) his facsimile number and electronic mail address, if any; and
(e) any change in the above particulars;
Note: The person appointed under this rule may also be the person authorised to accept service required to be appointed under Part 16 of the Companies Ordinance, if applicable.
(3) provision must be made for a register of holders to be maintained in Hong Kong, or such other place as the Exchange may agree, and for transfers to be registered locally. The Exchange may, however, consider an alternative proposal for registering transfers for Hong Kong holders in exceptional circumstances;
(4) unless the Exchange otherwise agrees, only securities registered on the Hong Kong register may be traded on GEM; and
(5) where two or more registers or branch registers of securities are maintained by a PRC issuer, it will not be necessary for the Hong Kong register to contain particulars of the shares registered on any other register or branch register.