(1) The Commission shall have the right to request in writing a review of any disciplinary decision of the GEM Listing Committee by the GEM Listing Review Committee under this rule.
(2) In reviewing a matter, the GEM Listing Review Committee shall have due regard to the rights and interests of all third parties who would be directly affected by the further review of the matter.
(3) The Commission may request written reasons for a decision of the GEM Listing Committee or the GEM Listing Review Committee if no written reasons were provided in the decision of the relevant Committee and if the relevant party does not request written reasons under rule 3.14. The Commission will make such a request within seven days of the expiry of the time stipulated for request of written reasons under rule 3.14. Where the relevant party requests written reasons, the written reasons provided to the relevant party will be provided to the Commission and the Listing Division. Similarly, written reasons provided to the Commission pursuant to the Commission’s request will also be provided to the relevant party and the Listing Division.
(4) If the Commission decides to request a review of a matter, it will do so within seven business days after receipt of the relevant decision or, if either the Commission or the relevant party requests written reasons for the decision, those written reasons.
(5) The GEM Listing Review Committee and/or its Chairman may prescribe the procedures for reviewing a matter under this rule as they may think fit.
(6) The relevant party, the Listing Division and the Commission will have the right to make written submissions to the GEM Listing Review Committee, and the GEM Listing Review Committee shall take into account all such written submissions when reaching its decision. This applies to both a review requested by the Commission and any further and final review requested by the relevant party pursuant to rule 3.17A(7).
(7) Where the GEM Listing Review Committee overturns, modifies or varies the decision subject to review, the relevant party shall have a further and final right to seek a review of the decision by a second GEM Listing Review Committee. Subject to the facts and circumstances arising in the earlier meeting(s) in each case and subject further to the absolute discretion of the proposed Chairman of the GEM Listing Review Committee, all of the members present at the further and final review shall be persons who were not present at the earlier review hearing of the GEM Listing Review Committee. In the event there are insufficient persons available to make up the required quorum for the GEM Listing Review Committee, the proposed Chairman of the GEM Listing Review Committee shall direct the Secretary to select sufficient additional members to make up the required quorum by such method as the proposed Chairman considers appropriate in the proposed Chairman’s absolute discretion.