Where a new applicant or listed issuer has or is proposing to acquire an interest in a joint venture entity, which, in turn, has or is proposing to acquire an interest in a property situated in the PRC, and where the property is beneficially owned or retained by one of the parties to the joint venture and does not vest in the joint venture entity itself, and where the new applicant or listed issuer has or is intending to acquire some right to occupy the property from the relevant party to the joint venture or to enjoy income or profit therefrom, then the legal opinions referred to in rules 8.13 and 8.14 should also confirm:—
(1) the exact nature of the interest in the joint venture entity which the new applicant or the listed issuer has or is proposing to acquire;
(2) whether the terms of any joint venture agreement provide for the transfer of the legal title to the property to the joint venture entity and the status of such transfer;
(3) whether the right which the new applicant or the listed issuer has or is intending to acquire is capable, as a matter of PRC law, of being granted by the party in whom legal title to the property is vested;
(4) whether and to what extent the right acquired or to be acquired is enforceable in the PRC and whether it will be freely transferable by the new applicant or the listed issuer to any third party; and
(5) whether all relevant regulatory approvals have been obtained.